Tech Lesson: El gato volvió - The Cat Came Back
Title: El gato volvió - The Cat Came Back CD-ROM (Macintosh) by Theatrix/Sanctuary Wood - Learn I
Topic: Story telling, descriptions and emotions
Timeframe: One week
Materials Needed: Computers, CD-ROM, chart paper
- Students will be able to use the spoken, written, and visual Spanish language to communicate within the context of a story.
- Students will be able to identify main characters and sequence of events.
- Students will be able to describe pictures to summarize the story.
- Introduce The Cat Came Back and the main characters.
- Introduce the vocabulary and phrases by using flashcards and sequence cards.
- Act out title of book.
- With the computer connected to a big screen open El gato volvió and go to the Listen - Along mode.
- Have students listen to the story.
- Go through the story again and make pauses at each screen; ask and respond to oral comprehension questions in the target language.
- Role-play the feelings of the main characters in the story.
- Go to the Sing-Along mode and have students listen to the whole story sung by a native speaker. Provide the words on chart paper for the class to sing along.
- Discuss the events of the story, and have students put in order the sequence cards to practice re- telling the story.
- Go to the Write-Along mode. Using the Language Experience approach, have students retell the story by describing the pictures on each screen. As the students tell the story, write their responses on the computer which displays the written text on the big screen. Read the story out loud together as a class. Print the illustrations and students responses to take home and share with their family.
216 Ramtown-Greenville Road
Howell, NJ 07731