tech lessons: Memory
Topic: Vocabulary Review
Level: Upper Elementary
Timeframe: One 30-minute class
Materials Needed: To play a Spanish/English Matching Game, go to: www.quia.com/custom/38gate.html
- A game board appears with Spanish words in one color and their English equivalents in a second color.
- Students work in pairs. They take turns matching the Spanish and English vocabulary items as follows:
- Each student chooses a color.
- Student A clicks on a word in his chosen color.
- Student B finds the corresponding word in his color and clicks on it.
- If it matches, both squares become large red stars and student B challenges student A by clicking vocabulary item in his chosen color and student B tries to find the match.
- Play continues until the entire board is covered with stars.
- When the game is over, they switch languages and start a new game with the winner having the first color choice and the first turn.
25 Leshin Lane
Hightstown, NJ 08520