Tech lessons: La comida
Title: La comida
Timeframe: One week
Materials Needed: Qsteps 2 Computer Program CD-ROM (PC) - Unit 7, food flashcards, play food
- Students will be able to identify vocabulary to describe basic food items.
- Students will be able to follow directions in combining food items.
- Students will be able to hear a native Spanish speaker on the QSteps program.
- Students will be able to interact with the computer program by responding to questions.
- Introduce food items presented in QSteps program with flashcards, real food, and play food. Describe food based on color and size. Explain the difference of a banana and a plátano. Discuss fruits that grow in the U.S. and the fruits that grow in South America.
- Students complete a worksheet identifying pictures of the food items.
- Role-play going to a grocery store. Ask students to help you put out all the food items. Distribute food items and have students come up and say the name of item they have and put it on the table.
- With computer connected to a big screen open the QSteps program and go to the grocery store.
- Students will listen to the penguin as he names each food item.
- Click on a food item and ask students what each food item is by using either/ or questions.
- Check answer by using the ABC sign, which displays the word and names the item.
- Click on the dog and do the Skipi Goes Shopping Activity. Tell students to help Skipi go shopping by telling him what food items to put in his basket.
- Ask students what does Skipi have in his basket.
- Have a student take three of the items from the realia or flashcards and put in a basket. Ask the rest of the class what is in the basket.
216 Ramtown-Greenville Road
Howell, NJ 07731