¿Dónde está? (Where is it?)
Title: ¿Dónde está? (Where is it?)
Focus Age Group: 10 to 12 years
National Standards Goals:
Communication Cultures Connections Comparisons Communities
Interpersonal Interpretive Presentational
NJ Cumulative Progress Indicators:
- 7.1.5 Provide and obtain information on familiar topics
- 7.1.8 Create and respond to simple phrases, questions, and sentences
- 7.1.10 Generate and respond to short messages such as invitations, directions, announcements, and appointments
Timeframe: 30 minutes of one class period
Description of the Task
You are forgetful. When you can't find something, you ask your mom because somehow she always knows where your things are. You must ask the logical questions to find the objects in front of you and tape them in the correct location.
Materials Needed: Picture of the inside of a house, pictures of 10 objects, tape
- Provide each student with a copy of a house, cut-out pictures of 10 items that are going to be "lost" in the house (sneakers, pencil, etc.) and 10 strips of tape.
- Students put tape on the backs of the objects and then place them as well as the house on the desk in front of them.
- Students will ask the teacher the question "¿Dónde está mi _____?" to discover the location of the missing object.
- Repeat this process until all objects have been used.
- Collect work and evaluate.
- Students should have a previous vocabulary base which includes common school supplies, direction words (under, next to, etc.), rooms in a home, and furniture.
- Student correctly places 8 or more objects
- Student correctly places 5 to 7 objects
||Does not meet expectations
- Student correctly places fewer than 5 objects
Kristina E. Fellin
John Witherspoon Middle School
217 Walnut Lane
Princeton, NJ 08540